From an end-users's perspective, an integrated, or, "provisioned" account commonly has these characteristics:
- Someone else created the account for you (they "provisioned" the account for you)
- Often someone else pays the bill for your subscription to the app or service
- Someone else administers many details of the account and has control over your access
If you are the administrator, you are probably familiar with the idea of provisioning: Your company pays for X number of subscriptions to a service (Salesforce, for example) and you can provide these subscriptions to members of your organization.
Task One: Add account
To provision team members with individual accounts for a particular app or service, first add the account:
- Select the relevant organization from the navigation bar on the left-hand side.
- Select the Accounts icon under that organization.
- Click on the Configure integrated app button.
A side panel is displayed with a list of applications that support multiple user accounts and are integrated with Meldium.
- Enter the name of the application in the search bar or scroll down to select the service that you would like to add.
- Click OK to confirm.
Depending on the app/service, you are prompted to authorize the service by entering credentials.
- Enter credentials for the app/service (this can vary by service).
- Save your changes.
Task Two: Set up (provision) individual employees or team members
Important: You must be an administrator in order to provision a user with a new account and the individual must be associated with a team in Meldium.
- Click on the organization that includes the member for whom you would like to create an account. The web application to which you would like to provision access must also be attached to the organization.
- Click the Accounts icon in the navigation menu and then select the appropriate account.
- Select the Who Has Access tab and click "+".
- Select the user for whom you would like to provision an account and click Confirm.
- In the subsequent dialog box, select the correct organization to which the user belongs in the drop-down menu and click OK.
The user is set up with their own account for this service and it is made available on their Launchpad.